- Perform duties in support of network expansion planning to ensure customer’s requirements are met within prescribed timeframes and with highest quality. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. Work with customer and other project team members to plan & design solutions for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) network facility physical requirements/installations including, but not limited to critical power, cable management systems, data & fiber cabling. Communicate these concepts in written form as Technical Engineering Documents.
- Engineering Manager
- Customer interface/planning/site meeting, audit and survey work
- Produce Design/Engineering documentation
- Produce installation documents (Facility Engineering Documents, Site Specific Installation Documents, Method of Procedure, Bill of Material, Cable Running List, Site & Rack Face drawings, etc.)
- Perform final inspection of completed projects to ensure conformance to Customer Quality/Layer Standards
- Present design and review content with customers.
- Lead design presentations with various entities via webinar and/or onsite
- Write and hold design & engineering reviews that meet the highest standards
- Practical, “hands on” experience with DC power distribution, isolated and non-isolated high-power DC/DC converter design, EMI filters, high power inverters, motor drives and familiarity with buck, boost and buck-boost converters desired
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD to be utilized when developing and changing customers T-Drawings
- Update drawings per customer’s request via e-mail (As-built)
- Travel to customer’s facility and update/true-up AutoCAD Master Set
- After drawings are complete, submit final draft for review
- Practical, “hands on” experience with DC power distribution, and most telecommunication facility physical infrastructures.
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledgeable with GR-1275 installation standards document
- Strong working knowledge of wireless telecommunications equipment to include DC power systems
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Complete all applicable reports and required project documentation
- Ability to learn and execute established procedures and programs
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate both established and cutting-edge industry standards into new designs and share knowledge with the design team.
- Comfortable working within CO and remote site environments.
- Understanding of, with the ability to use telecommunication acronyms.
- Good note taking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with customers, vendors, project managers, drafters and engineers regarding information from the field
- Customer service orientation with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand as well as communicate written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to take direction and to work on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
Education & Experience:
- Three to five years of the experience in the telecom field as an Engineer/Site Planner
- Three (3) years telecommunications/wireless construction OSP experience required
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Experience preparing DMOPS, RFQ’s, project packages, or other technical writing.
- DC Power experience required
- Valid Driver’s License & Auto Insurance
- Auto CAD 2D experience is required
- Pass a physical examination
- Negative drug screen
Personal Tools Required:
- Smart Phone